Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Featured Artist -- Penny Of "Saniki Creations"

How and when did you start making your craft as a business?

My business started back in 2009 listing only a few pieces onto Artfire (I only had maybe 5 bracelets then). About 2 or 3 months later, a few more pieces in hand, I expanded to other venues, and eventually I started my own website. At first I wasn't planning on making this a business, but because I love to shop and I found myself with oodles of jewelry making material, I had to make some money for my spending habit. Plus, this allowed me to stay home to work and take care of my children (3 girls) at the same time. I have a background in office management/human resources, accounting, retail amrketing, and have helped small businesses set up before, so that aspect was easy for me. Through online tutorials, flipping through magazines, and studying how pieces were put together I commenced practicing my new found skills with my children's broken jewelry.

(For the longest time, they would spend money on the stuff you get in the chain stores, the mall. Cheap mass produced things. YUK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!

EMAIL ME!

If you have QUESTIONS relating to jewelry (cleaning/Locating/history/mystery stone ID) Maybe you are looking for a TUTORIAL. Would you like to be a FEATURED ARTIST on my blog? I will feature a (handmade, indie) artist OF ANY MEDIUM! You do NOT have to be a jewelry artist to request a feature on my blog!! You can email me about any of these things, and more! Here is my email:
ArtistryJewelryStudios@gmail.com Aprilee