Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 20, 2009

Jewelry Displays, Your Handy Helpers!!!!

I was just utilizing one of my jewelry display items for a use that I (most) commonly use it for, and thought I would share this useful tip! I have an easel-back necklace display that I commonly use when constructing necklaces & bracelets! I have a tendancy to add dangley-things to my designs! I have found that utilizing my easel display makes constructing these types of projects SO much easier! And, I spend much less time having to go back and make adjustments!

First, I make the body of the necklace (clasp and all) and place it on my display easel. I have found that by using the outermost notches on the easel, I get a "truer" drape to the necklace! Once I've draped the necklace, I begin adding my dangles. This really results in a perfect composition! Nothing turns-out to be added backwards and I can immediately tell if I might need to re-think my design! I might end-up adding more/different items than originally planned!



All-in-all, this is a "painless" way to embellish a necklace or bracelet design
without having done the whole thing, only to find either mistakes or that the design just dosen't seem to "work" at all! In my opinion it's a much better option to constantly taking a piece on & off to see if it's correct OR having to re-do things alltogether! ALSO, when utilizing a display item to add things, go right ahead and pull the "bit" your working with out & away from the display! It's like having an assistant model and hold your work for you!

Try this and I promise you will never do things the way you are presently doing them now! Who knows, maybe you will come-up with an additional use that I am unaware of! If you do, please let me know!


Anything that makes designing and constructing jewelry easier is a blessing!



Aprilee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!

EMAIL ME!

If you have QUESTIONS relating to jewelry (cleaning/Locating/history/mystery stone ID) Maybe you are looking for a TUTORIAL. Would you like to be a FEATURED ARTIST on my blog? I will feature a (handmade, indie) artist OF ANY MEDIUM! You do NOT have to be a jewelry artist to request a feature on my blog!! You can email me about any of these things, and more! Here is my email:
ArtistryJewelryStudios@gmail.com Aprilee