Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Let's Make Something!

How to cut glass without specialized tools:
PLEASE wear safety glasses, and be mindful of the danger of using fire in a safe place!
Soak a piece of yarn in nail polish remover, tie around a bottle (where you want the cut to be) and light with a lighter. Let it burn all the way around for 10-15 seconds, then dip the bottle into a bowl of cold water.  This makes a perfect split every time!  Easy, quick, and imagine the possibilities!!!

Homemade Ranch Dressing:
1 cup Dannon Oikos plain greek yogurt
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1/2 cup 1% milk
Simply wisk together, store in an air tight container, chill at least 1 hour prior to use. Tastes better than store bought and whole recipe has only 1.75 grams of fat & 255 calories!!  The WHOLE batch!!!

Homemade Febreze:
2 Tbsp  fabric softener
2 Tbsp baking soda
27oz spray bottle
hot tap water
Use actual tablespoons for this recipe!
Using a funnel, pour (your favorite) fabric softener into a 27oz spray bottle. You can use an old febreze bottle! Add in the baking soda, fill with the hot tap water, screw on top tightly and shake until mixed.

Natural Ant Repellent:
I have parakeets, and have an ant problem. I can not use pesticides due to my "keets" This solution would be great for those with small children, or simply to be environmentally conscious. After a lot of research, I found a wonderful solution, which is natural and non toxic. Baby powder!!!!  That's right, baby powder!  I have used this for 2 years, with repeated success!  The powder works better than pesticides!  Apparently ants HATE the small of baby powder. When I see them, I simply sprinkle some at their point of entry and they leave and stay gone!  My neighbors have told me that their ant problems are constant, mine are almost non
existent!

I hope you enjoyed these tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!

EMAIL ME!

If you have QUESTIONS relating to jewelry (cleaning/Locating/history/mystery stone ID) Maybe you are looking for a TUTORIAL. Would you like to be a FEATURED ARTIST on my blog? I will feature a (handmade, indie) artist OF ANY MEDIUM! You do NOT have to be a jewelry artist to request a feature on my blog!! You can email me about any of these things, and more! Here is my email:
ArtistryJewelryStudios@gmail.com Aprilee