Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Bithday Harvey, My Brother, My Friend!

   September is always a sad time of year for my family.  My brother Harvey passed after a lengthy illness, and it seems rather than being easier with the passing years, it actually gets more difficult.  Harvey was only 13 months older than me, so we grew-up as playmates.  When we got older, I looked forward to the times when he would ask if I wanted to go for a ride.  Back then you could drive all weekend on a couple dollars!  We would just ride around town, sharing what we were both up to lately.  Who we were dating, any problems, and funny stories. 

  My brother actually ended-up marrying a nice girl that we had grown-up playing with!  (small world)!  My brother had one daughter prior to falling ill & she was under 2 when he was hospitalized.
His wife stayed by his side and visited him in the Nursing Home for all of the 22 years he was there.  Harvey had been very active in the Church and I've never known a more compassionate and gentle soul!
I guess that is why he is so greatly missed, for the type of person he was.

  Whoever quoted that "only the good die young" must have known him.  He will be forever in our hearts, and I am confident that I will see him again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!

EMAIL ME!

If you have QUESTIONS relating to jewelry (cleaning/Locating/history/mystery stone ID) Maybe you are looking for a TUTORIAL. Would you like to be a FEATURED ARTIST on my blog? I will feature a (handmade, indie) artist OF ANY MEDIUM! You do NOT have to be a jewelry artist to request a feature on my blog!! You can email me about any of these things, and more! Here is my email:
ArtistryJewelryStudios@gmail.com Aprilee