Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Making a Perfectly Symmetrical Twist (without a Pinvise)!!

I have always loved wire wrapping! I have often admired the perfection of other's precision wire-twisting! After doing some research on the subject and methods of symmetrical wire-twisting, it seemed that the technique could only be achieved with a tool called a "Pinvise". I discovered that not all suppliers carried that tool! I also felt that the price was a "bit much" for a tool that I wouldn't be using on a regular basis (call me frugal). It just seem highly unlikely to me, that the desired results could be achieved only with one particular tool!! I was also unsure if I could "get by" with a single tool, or did I need two?

Well, I was fortunate enough to have found "Mickey Baskett's" book "Wonderful Wire Works" in my local Library! And much to my delight, this "font of knowledge" includes Complete instructions for making a device that delivers perfectly symmetrical wire twists!!! THE COST.....UNDER $3.00

All you need are two cotter pins and a thin, large diameter metal washer!

HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS!!figure 1wirwrap instr.


SO, If you're getting ready to engage in some precision wire-twisting:

PUT AWAY YOUR WALLET AND VISIT YOUR LOCAL HARWARE STORE!!

HAPPY TWISTING!! APRILEE



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!

EMAIL ME!

If you have QUESTIONS relating to jewelry (cleaning/Locating/history/mystery stone ID) Maybe you are looking for a TUTORIAL. Would you like to be a FEATURED ARTIST on my blog? I will feature a (handmade, indie) artist OF ANY MEDIUM! You do NOT have to be a jewelry artist to request a feature on my blog!! You can email me about any of these things, and more! Here is my email:
ArtistryJewelryStudios@gmail.com Aprilee